Alternate Beatles Album Covers

 


Alternate Beatles Album Covers


The Beatles, often had multiple different concepts for album covers. However not all of them made the cut. From outtake photos to unused designs, I bring to you "Alternate Beatles Album Covers" (Note: yes I did make this look like actual album covers but my main inspiration comes from this. enjoy.)




Please Please Me (1963)

Just like a lot of The Beatles' album covers, during the photo session they had a few outtake photos. This is just one of them and I think it fits rather nicely.




With The Beatles (1963)

This one also has a few outtake photos. Some more remarkable than others. One of the more memorable outtake is one where The Beatles are smiling (I saw someone put it as 'cursed' and I can see why). Although the quality wasn't the greatest, I did try and mess with the level and contrast of the image to fit the actual album cover.




A Hard Day's Night (1964)

A Hard Day's Night is probably the one with the most unused photos. The Beatles wanted to make the album cover look like an 8mm film and so they took a bunch of photos of themselves and 16 of them got used in the actual album cover. These are only a few of the unused photos from the same session. I tried to pick out the ones with more extreme differences. (And yes that is a very clean man next to Paul.)




Beatles For Sale (1964)

The Beatles For Sale photo session doesn't have as much outtake photos compared to some of the others here. There are 3 photos available for the front cover photoshoot. One was used on the album cover, one is only slightly different, and this one is in a different angle and The Beatles are in a different order.




Help! (1965)

This is a little unknown but there are in fact outtake photos for Help! Note: they are slight differences to the album cover, most notable of which is the fact that Ringo's position is reversed.




Rubber Soul (1965)

For Rubber Soul, I used the unstretched version of the image. The text was put back straight to match.




Revolver (1966)

This interesting album cover was a design made by Robert Freeman. However Klaus' version was used. I took the circular picture and added the text and the label logo.




Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)

Pretty straight forward. Just like many of the album covers here, Sgt. Peppers also had a few outtake photos. This is my personal favourite.




Magical Mystery Tour (1967)

Magical Mystery Tour doesn't really have an outtake design. But I did find the uncut full image so I decided to use that as the cover.




The Beatles (1968)

This is one of the designs considered for The White Album. Interestingly enough, the John picture is from '67 not '68. Something to point out


Back Cover


A Doll's House (1968)

I've heard that this has been debunked or whatever but it would be a shame not to enclude this beautiful drawing of The Beatles.




Yellow Submarine (1969)

Yellow Submarine like Magical Mystery Tour doesn't have an outtake album cover. But I did find this photo of The Fab Four and I thought it was perfect for this.




Let It Be (1969/70)

Just using some alternate shots of the actual album cover. Of course the original design was to be Get Back but that was scrapped. Note: I couldn't find an alternate picture for Ringo so I went with the best I could find.




Abbey Road (1969)

This one is probably the most popular photo session of The Beatles. There are a lot of outtake photos but this is my personal favourite.

Comments

  1. I prefer The Magical Mystery Tour and the Doll's House cover ( and title ) you have here to the originals. Very nice post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment