Non Beatles Fantasy Albums


Non Beatles Fantasy Albums

So I listen to other music (woah big shocker), and since I am really into alternate history, I've been making some albums for bands that aren't The Beatles for a while now. Now, It's not the usual fantasy album you'd expect like Smile by The Beach Boy or even Songs from The Black Hole by Weezer. No, I tried to go a bit more unique. Also I will be updating this blog with new albums and bands so make sure to check back in every once in a while to look at any changes I've done. Anyways without further ado...

AC/DC


Imagine: an AC/DC album before High Voltage featuring Dave Evans instead of Bon Scott. Most of these songs only exist as low quality live recordings (except for Can I Sit Next To You Girl which was a studio single featuring Dave) and some don't even exist at all. Yep, you can't make this album but hey that makes it more interesting. Although, all the songs are known to have been performed at early AC/DC shows

AC/DC - Can I Sit Next To You Girl? (1974)

  1. School Days
  2. Lucille
  3. The Old Bay Road
  4. Can I Sit Next To You Girl? (Dave Evans version)
  5. Soul Stripper
  1. Get Back
  2. Baby Please Don't Go
  3. Rock 'N' Roll Singer
  4. Blue Suede Shoes
  5. Shake Rattle & Roll
  6. I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Buddy Holly


If Buddy Holly hadn't been tragically killed in that plane crash, he would've most likely made a new album. Although, we wouldn't know exactly what his future career might have looked like, we could have a brief look through the songs and demos he had made just before his death. Thus, this is made up of a bunch demos and songs made around the time.

Buddy Holly - Crying, Waiting, Hoping (1959)

  1. Peggy Sue Got Married
  2. My Two Timin' Woman
  3. Crying, Waiting, Hoping
  4. Down The Line
  5. I'll Just Pretend
  6. Take These Shackles From My Heart
  1. Memories
  2. Blue Suede Shoes
  3. Because I Love You
  4. Don't Come Back Knockin'
  5. Baby Let's Play House

Tally Hall


Tally Hall was an alternative rock group from the early 2000s. I say "was" because the band has been on a hiatus since 2011 and since then, the members have gone on to have very expansive solo careers. One of the most popular being Miracle Musical's Hawaii: Part II. And although I know it messes with the whole "concept" of the album, I just wondered what the album would have sounded like as a group effort. Of course I have heavily edited the albums so the songs flow into each other better.

Tally Hall - Hawaii: Part II (2012)
  1. Introduction to the Snow
  2. Isle Unto Thyself
  3. I'm Gonna Win
  4. White Ball
  5. Murders
  6. Perfect
  7. Variations On A Cloud
  8. Hey You!
  9. The Mind Electric
  10. Time Machine
  11. Stranded Lullaby
  12. Dream Sweat In Sea Major

Timebox


Timebox was a 60s rock band. Now, two of it's members would go on to participate in The Rutles project and this is mainly how I know them. I've always been amazed they made it through the 60s without making a single long play record. Of course, there were plans for one but they never got anywhere with it. This is what their career might have looked like if they focused on albums and not so much the singles.

Timebox - Timebox (1968)

  1. Beggin'
  2. I'll Always Love You
  3. Waiting For The End
  4. Save Your Love
  5. Your Good Thing Is About To Come To An End
  6. Come On Up
  1. A Woman That's Waiting
  2. Walkin' Through The Streets Of My Mind
  3. Don't Make Promises
  4. Girl Don't Make Me Wait
  5. Leave Me To Cry
  6. Love The Girl
  7. You've Got The Chance




Now the previous album is just sort of a throwaway since they had a lot of singles (enough to fill two albums!) but this was the one that was actually planned. And here it is with the tracklist as given from the official Ollie Halsall website. And after listening to all the songs, this one is pretty damn good!

Timebox - The Moose On The Loose (1969)

  1. Yellow Van
  2. Tree House
  3. Poor Little Heartbreaker
  4. Backed Jam Roll In Your Eye
  5. Black Dog
  6. Country Dan & City Lil
  1. Eddie McHenry
  2. Barnabus Swain
  3. Promises
  4. Stay There
  5. Timebox
  6. Gone Is The Sad Man

Oasis


Yep, I've hit a new low. Now this concept is completely impossible and incredibly bonkers. Oasis would've broken up at some point and most of these songs Noel sings anyway making these albums still very inaccurate. But still, I'm having some fun.

Oasis - Different Gear, Still Speeding (2011)

  1. Four Letter Word
  2. Dream On
  3. If I Had A Gun
  4. The Death Of You And Me
  5. (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
  6. The Roller
  7. AKA... What A Life!
  8. The Beat Goes On
  9. (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
  10. Don't Stop... (Oasis Demo)
  11. Stop The Clocks




Now, this album and the last one, you can tell Liam does not give it his A game while Noel songs can be considered classics riding off the fame of Dig Out Your Soul. However this mentality seems to change later on. It also seems that the band releases albums more far apart from each other becoming only a shadow of what they were in the 90s.

Oasis - Chasing Yesterday (2015)

  1. Riverman
  2. In The Heat Of The Moment
  3. Flick Of The Finger
  4. The Girl With X-Ray Eyes
  5. The Dying Of The Light
  6. The Right Stuff
  7. Soul Love
  8. While The Song Remains The Same
  9. Start Anew
  10. You Know We Can't Go Back
  11. Ballad Of The Mighty I




Now, this is the point where Liam goes full on solo and you can tell his songs on this album are superb. However, as even Liam stated, Noel's style seems to develop more into pop rather than rock which really makes this album and the one after hard to listen to as there is a noticeable cut between Liam's and Noel's songs.

Oasis - Who Built The Moon? (2017)

  1. Wall Of Glass
  2. Holy Mountain
  3. Greedy Soul
  4. Keep On Reaching
  5. It's A Beautiful World
  6. Paper Crown
  7. She Taught Me How To Fly
  8. For What It's Worth
  9. Black & White Sunshine
  10. Chinatown
  11. The Man Who Built The Moon




Now the last album in the timeline, Liam's songs are amazing whilst Noel's is lacking. Nothing much to say.

Oasis - Black Star Dancing (2019)

  1. Shockwave
  2. Black Star Dancing
  3. One Of Us
  4. Rattling Rose
  5. Once
  6. Sail On
  7. Now That I've Found You
  8. This Is The Place
  9. A Dream Is All I Need To Get By
  10. Wandering Star
  11. Why Me? Why Not.

"Y'know although I just hate Liam sometimes, I'm glad Oasis is still a thing. It gives me things to do. Also it brings me shit tons of money." - Noel Gallagher

Comments

  1. You should do The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band or Klaatu if they hadn't broken up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment